Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

No Child Left Behind????

Homeschooling is looking more and more appealing. Especially when you hear about this.

And for all those people who say that children need to be socialized. Do you mean like this? This charming little cell phone trend is happening right here in my own county.

I have a friend whose 8-year-old daughter attends one of the "better" schools around here and apparently third graders can be mean girls. They have all these "clubs" and they decide who is and isn't cool enough to be in them. Who knew. Girls didn't become mean when I was in school until at least the 8th grade. Again, is my daughter really going to be warped because she doesn't get a bid for a sorority before she hits double digits?

I mean really.

And by the way....someone please enlighten me....since when do middle school students need cell phones?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can tell you that I work for a school district and we confiscate cell phones that students bring in. Home schooling is definitely a viable option these days -- but yes -- kids need to be socialized. There needs to be a group activity that they are part of -- and that they have friends at. My oldest son goes to school outside of our school district but does all his activities in our school district and he would much rather be with his friends when he can be. it's not a tragedy, but I can see it in him.

Kelly said...

You mean this doesn't make you want to dust off your box of chalk and return to teaching?

Yesterday was our last day of school... aah summer!

Kelly said...

You mean this doesn't make you want to dust off your box of chalk and return to teaching?

Yesterday was our last day... aaah summer!