Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2008

It Can Be Arranged

One of these came cruising by in front of our house earlier while the kids and I were sitting on the porch.

"COOL car, Mama," William said as he watched it disappear down the street.

"I wish WE had a car with a big hole in it," he continued.

All of a sudden I had a flashback to crashing into the side of my mother-in-law's car a week or so before Christmas. Then I thought about the time I took out our mailbox trying to conveniently pick up my mail from the comfort of my own car. Or just the other day when I backed over the trashcan (shhh....don't tell Andy....he hasn't noticed yet).

I kept on rocking and assured him, "Prob'ly won't be long now."

Here's hoping that's one wish that doesn't come true.

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

That is so funny. Lily is really into noticing "topless" cars at the moment too. That and VW bugs.