Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So Says William

While looking for the bottoms to his favorite Spiderman 3 pajamas:

"Mama, I can only find regular Spiderman pants, not Spiderman 3 pants. Do you know where they are?"

"Not sure, William....I can't remember if they were in the laundry or not."

Looking shocked and with a huff he said, "Mama! You have to know. You remember everything."

But my favorite recent exchange with him was yesterday afternoon. Stuart and Catherine were playing in the den, William was sitting at the bar on the computer and I was standing near him going through some mail. I caught a whiff of something really bad so I said, "Stuart....do you have a stinky diaper?"

Catherine said, "Uh-huh, I think Stuart is stinky."

Without even looking up from the computer William said, "Well...if Stuart is not stinky then maybe I pooted."

"So are you saying that you did?"

"Well....I'm just saying that IF you change Stuart's diaper and IF there's nothing in there, then I probably did."

Trying not to just fall out in the floor laughing I said, "Well, do you suppose you might save me a trip and tell me now?"

Still never looking up but now with a smile on his face he said, "Ok. I did."

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

Wow, so male talk regarding farts starts really young.

Mommy, Esq. said...

It's their first word. Before Mama.

Mary Anna said...

Hey...at least he owned it.