Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's A Blog Thing

Kerry, my bloggy friend at Colored With Memories "tagged" me. I feel so cool! But I had to google "what's a meme?" to figure out what it all was and what I was supposed to do. Because the thing is, I'm not really cool. As any of my close friends would attest. I say things like "keep it on the low down" and "fist butt" which, I'm happy to say, I only said once until my 4 year old corrected me and said "Ma-a-ma...it's fist PUMP!"

Anyway - here goes.

4 things I was doing 10 years ago: (1998)
1. Working as Assistant Director at the Saenger Theatre
2. Planning to go to law school
3. Rolling my eyes, sighing loudly, and moving to another side of the restaurant/airplane/movie theatre/church/street to get away from screaming/crying/whining children
4. Saying "I'll never have children"

4 things I was doing 5 years ago: (2003)
1. Eating my words
2. Working as a lawyer
3. Trying not to mess up my firstborn. ( you know - like you try not to mess up the first pancake?)
4. Crying a lot and feeling nonfunctionally guilty for working all the time and missing out on that precious baby's first year

4 things I did yesterday:
1. Took the kids swimming at the next door neighbor's house while she is out of town (yes, she knows...we're not breaking and entering, although the thought has occurred to me before on long, hot, boring days)
2. Watched my friend Anderson (who I'd invited to bring her 3 year old to the neighbor's pool to swim with us....so ok, I'm having parties over there) don Catherine's mermaid goggles to retrieve her diamond earring from the bottom of the pool after jumping in to save her son who was using a puny Shrek floatie as a safety device. Ok...maybe this should be a separate post altogether.
3. Took a nap along with the kids after the excitement of the pool party and water rescue.
4. Fixed a nice dinner and watched my kids stare at their BBQ chicken, sweet potato fries and okra as if it was a plate of chicken fried poop.

4 shows I love to watch:
1. Idol (American that is)
2. Grey's Anatomy (unless I get McNothing when my husband stops the DVR 3 minutes into it)
3. The first 30 minutes of Today (I'm a bear if this gets interrupted by Dora or Ben 10)
4. Who has time for anything else?

4 things I love to do:
1. Kiss on my baby's fat little legs
2. Read - even if it's Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for the 1000th time
3. Write - duh.
4. Kick the Golden Girls' butt in spin class. (ok so that only happens when they aren't there).

Now, see, how it works is I am supposed to tag four other people. Kind of like picking your team for kickball at recess. So for this thing - this meme - I pick ArtCTrish (my high school friend who actually sort of tagged me a while back in her blog but I didn't take the time then to figure out what to do!), my Jersey friend, the California girl, and Annie's Mom. I think you're supposed to link back to me or something like that.

And by the way - this is called a meme! So says google. Learn something new every day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

did the meme but not smart enough to link it back to you, so it's on my blog ...

Colored With Memories said...

LOL thru the entire thing!

can you overnight me the leftovers of the meal your kids stared at?

thanks for playing along!

kerry

ArtcTrish said...

Sorry about the delay! My sister got married and I kinda had to go out of town!:)
Here's my link!http://artctrish.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html