Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cookies. Issues. Cookies. Issues. Hmmmm....

This morning I was holding Stuart and he bit me on the shoulder. Something he's done a couple of times so that now I know it's not an accident. It's a purpose driven bite. I immediately pulled him away and very sternly said "NO!" Ok, actually I hollered "CRAP THAT HURT!" Either way, he was startled. Which turned to sadness. Which turned to wailing.

"Boy, you and I are gonna have issues if you don't cut that out," I said. Catherine was standing nearby and overheard the whole thing.

"Mama, I want to have issues with you. Can we have issues?"

I just laughed. Oh, you betcha. Doesn't every mother and daughter?

"Don't worry, sweetie. You'll have a plethora of issues with me."

She thought about it a minute and then said, "I'd rather have a cookie."

Me too. Chocolate chip?

No comments: