Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I Heart Art

I'm not an artist.  That's not a news bulletin to anyone who knows me well.  I'm not even very creative.  I want to be, if that counts for anything.  But I'm really not.  At all.

But I saw these little flower pots and paints the other day and thought what fun it would be to let the kids design their own pots and then plant some seeds and watch them grow.  So I found a couple of raggedy little paint brushes in the bottom of a drawer, spread out the paints on the patio, and told the kids to go for it.

But William wanted me to paint a T-Rex on his and Catherine, of course, wanted Dora on hers.  I didn't want to let them down.  So I did my best.  That's what counts, right?

They were waaaaaaaaay impressed.  Are you?

P1040916

Let me just say, in my defense, I might as well have been painting with a horse tail.  Those brushes were rough on Dora's eyes.  And mouth. And hair.  And shirt.  Whatever you do don't enlarge these pictures and look at the details.  Just admire my art from afar.

And I made the mistake of letting William tell me how to spell "Rex."  I might have overcorrected a little.

Some more pictures from the session.  By the way....cute painted picnic table ~ Goodwill $10.

P1040922

This is ok, isn't it?

P1040920

They really were excited.  On the inside.

P1040914

4 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

I'm totally impressed!!! And love your good will find. KG

Plant Freak said...

From your "artistic" cousin...I think you did a pretty dang good job!

Mary Anna said...

I love it. Especially the demonic Dora. ;) You're a great mom--you know that, right?

I love even more that William's representin' LifeWay with his t-shirt!

Unknown said...

good stuff ... we have GOT to write a book together ... maybe you won't be in charge of the book cover art, though?