Pages

Friday, March 16, 2007

Mmmm Mmmmm Good

For some reason each time I've been pregnant I've had dangerous obsessions with milkshakes. The obsession has produced some violent tendencies in fact, of which I'm not particularly proud. When I was pregnant with William, Sonic had just come out with the cream pie shakes. Then with Catherine Hardees and Steak-n-Shake had the hand mixed shakes. This time Chik-Fil-A has been my demise.

Once, I went through the drive-thru at Steak-n-Shake and ordered a "regular" size (be warned: this is code for KID sized!). When I pulled up to the window and she handed me a thimble with two drops of milkshake in it, I started crying. I told her it just wasn't big enough. I think I just started repeating it over and over... it's just not big enough....not big enough at all. Fearing the crazy, bawling pregnant woman in front of her window, the sweet little server left and immediately returned with a much larger, very full milkshake and told me to take it and don't worry about the difference in price. Code for "get out of my drive-thru nutjob!"

A few weeks ago Andy and I had been out to dinner and then shopping. He bought a few new shirts and a pair of pants. He asked me if I needed anything and did I want to do some shopping. I said yes, I need a milkshake and would like to go shopping at Chik-Fil-A. So we left the store and drove over to the best little chikin place ever and pulled up in the drive-thru. Andy ordered ONE shake. I said "Aren't you going to get one?" He said...."no, I'll just have some of yours."
Oh no he di-n't.
I said, "Well maybe you should get your own because I'm not sure I'll be in a position to share." That's code for "keep your stinkin' hands off my milkshake!"

So then just a few nights ago Andy and William were going out to run some errands and Andy told William they could go by Sonic and get milkshakes. I told them to bring me back one of those new Banana Pudding Shakes. And I gave specific instructions. DO NOT get a regular, small, or anything considered less than large. I'm a large girl right now and I need a large shake. And DO NOT get just one and expect me to share. I'm sharing a body right now with another human being and should not be expected to share my milkshake. Get your own if you want one!

He comes back and hands me a nice tall milkshake and I am so excited....I can almost taste it before I've even had a sip. Until I look inside and realize it's only half full. I went crazy y'all!. I yelled at him...I TOLD you to get your own! He said..."well, the way I see it, I got you an extra large so now you have a plain old large."

"Well the way I see it," I said, "I now have a DIXIE CUP!" It was just not acceptable.

So I'm happy to say that yesterday afternoon I went to Chik-Fil-A by myself, and ordered the new mint cookies and cream milkshake, size LARGE, and enjoyed it down to the last drop. Mmmmm, Mmmmm, good.

Remember, Confucious say, Man who take milkshake from pregnant lady take life in own hands. Or something like that.

No comments: