Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Your Gas Or Your Life!

Here's a sign of the times: My mom was sitting at her desk the other day when she witnessed a crime. A thief pulled up to the house across the street, walked around to the back of the house when he realized no one was at home, and walked back out with his loot. Expensive lawn equipment? No. Artwork? Jewelry? Electronics? Nope. Something much more valuable. A full can of gas. Gas! Unbelievable.

I filled up my van the other day and immediately went to the pawn shop to hock my ring to pay for it. I cried all the way home. Which is where I'll stay. For a long time. Because I won't be able to fill er up again for six months. I'll be sitting at home. With the power off. Because they say that utilities are going to be sky high from the gas prices. Which is ok, because I don't need it to fix dinner since there isn't anything to cook anyway. Who can afford groceries? Good thing the kids think it's funny to put collanders and pots on their heads. It'll have to do for entertainment.

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Rhonda Case said...

Since the price of gas is so high, I am now riding the Baylinc commuter bus to work at least three days a week. I never thought I would see the day that I would be using public transportation to go to work. Kinda nice; kinda surreal.