Pages

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done!

Went to the Dr. yesterday. Was hoping I'd walk in and he'd take one look at me and say oh my gosh....you are about to have that baby now...let's go. No such luck. He did schedule me for induction on April 26 though, which is 3 weeks away. Although my body is screaming THREE MORE WEEKS...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I do however have a very important appointment on the 14th that I'd like to keep....to get my hair cut and a pedicure. Must have pretty feet and cute haircut to give birth. I feel like such a moose right now, that I thought it would do me good. Of course a moose with pretty feet and cute hair is still a moose.

My friend Kim warned me against doing anything drastic with my hair at this point. When I told her I was starting to look like a hippie and needed something cute and daring (haven't had a haircut in 10 months - no joke), she reminded me what Shelby did in Steel Magnolias. Felt like a change would be good, something lesser maintenance to keep up. Ended up looking like she stuck her head through a barbed wire fence and let a goat chew it off. Kim said that she believes Shelby's death was actually the result of a bad haircut. Sobering.

So....assuming I live through the most recent stomach bug to invade our house (Catherine was attacked by it yesterday...will spare details since my last several posts involved way too much poop talk), make it through Easter, keep my hair appointment and get the rest of my nest in order, April 26th will be the next family birthday to mark on your calendar. Truth is, I'm incredibly anxious to meet this little one and kiss on tiny little baby feet one last time.

Baby feet. Nothing sweeter. Makes a 9 month stint as a moose worth every minute.

No comments: