Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Run Daddy, Run!

This is my favorite weekend all year to live here in Mayberry. It's Arts and Craps, I mean, Crafts Festival weekend. Seriously, there is very little craps and some very nice, upscale, first rate artwork and other items for sale. It's just a fun time to be here.

One of our favorite events is the Spring Fever Chase 10K run that winds through town and comes right in front of our house. This is our fourth year to be here, and Andy has run every year. So this morning we sat out on the porch and cheered on all the athletes, including our own Forest Gump.



My dear friend, Anderson, who has a three year old and eight month old twins, ran as well. She was running so fast, the giselle, that I almost got a picture of her as she flew by with one, two or maybe all of the kids in tow. I couldn't tell. She also has like -5% body fat. I think she actually wore Barbie doll maternity clothes, even with the twins. We have sooooooo much in common. Anyway, here she is:

In case you were wondering what I was doing during this Olympic event? Cooking up a breakfast of champions!


Stuart will be entering the pancake eating contest later today.



If you want to know why I don't have a picture of Andy running, it's because I knew he would be going way too fast to capture on camera so instead I took a video of the cheering squad as he zoomed by, the exciting footage of which can be seen here.

No comments: