Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tell It Like It Is

I'm not sure, but I think Catherine has been trying to tell me something lately. The other night, just before bed, we were all gathered in William's room to read a book and I was sitting on one of those little bouncy jumpy balls with the handle....William got one for Christmas. I didn't see a weight limit posted on it, but it looked sturdy enough to hold me and I thought I was balancing on it quite well. Catherine looked up and said flatly, "I think you're too big for that."

Excuse me?

"I SAID, I think you're too big for that. Get OFF, Mama. You'll break it." And with that she walked over to me and pushed me off. Little Hitler.

So then this morning I was getting her dressed for school and out of the blue she said "You're big and Daddy is little."

Well good for him.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

Tell us how you really feel, Catherine.

Maybe you should remind her that, along with herself, you carried her two brothers in your belly for a combined total of 27 months--that's a grand total of 837 days...