Pages

Monday, July 02, 2007

Extreme Makeover

I have an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. I am right on track because, over the past 4 years, my most dramatic hairstyle changes have occurred anywhere from 8-12 weeks after the birth of each child. Here's how it goes down. I am feeling fat, tired and dowdy. I have bags under my eyes and I still look at least 4 months pregnant. My hair is long and unstylish and I am tired of wearing head bands circa 1986. For some reason I start to think that I will walk into the hair salon as Julia Child and come out Julia Roberts. It never happens, but yet I will try again tomorrow. This post pregnancy coif always causes me more stress than any other hairstyle I might attempt, because a few snips at my head is supposed to give me a total body makeover. I can't give up the dream.

So tonight I will go to bed with visions of an extreme makeover. My hair might look like my dog chewed it off when I return home tomorrow, but at least it will be clean. And I'll get to sit alone in a chair for at least 30 minutes. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Mary Abigail said...

I wanna see what the hair looks like!