Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Remind Me Again....(quick)....

Kim and I text each other frequently during the day....in fact, it's a good thing I followed her advice and got the texting plan of a fifteen-year-old girl because my phone sounds like a symphony many afternoons during what all Moms know as the "witching hour".

For homeschool Moms though, sometimes we have witching days...sometimes on end.  Like when the only real break we get from our children is when we lock ourselves in the bathroom and pretend to have a bad case of dysentery.    It's days like that when, as soon as I run in the bathroom, shut the door and turn on the faucet to drown out the whining and fighting, I text Kim with "Quick....remind me again WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND HOLY WE DECIDED TO HOMESCHOOL?????"

Sometimes she gives me a good reason.  Sometimes she tells me to pack them a lunch and a notebook and meet the first cheesewagon that rounds the corner.

And then sometimes I come out to find this.



And I quickly text her back....

Nevermind.

4 comments:

christy kennis said...

Dear Julie-

This is a voice from your college past-christy cobb kennis. I just want you to know I love your blog --The posts you girls write make my day! I appreciate the humor more than you know( homeschooling our four kids 11, 9, 6 and 3 ).

Thanks for sharing.

By the way, your children are beautiful!

Keep the lines coming--
blessings to you

Luke Holzmann said...

[smile] It's good to have those reminders once in a while...

~Luke

Liberty said...

Great snap! and a great reminder....
LOVE it!

arragoMaf said...

Urteter nuytre: http://genrodakuh.001webs.com