Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

There's a Reason They're Called CRACKers

We went to a party last weekend and I decided to take an appetizer.  A simple meat and cheese tray.  With a side of special crackers.  And these crackers are indeed special, my friends.

It's one the craziest recipes I've ever seen.  I started making these last year around the holidays, and they were so good, and everyone went so crazy over them, that I gave them as Christmas presents.

I'm not kidding.

Forget iPhones/Pads,  Tickle-Me Elmos, zhu-zhu pets, silly bands or a Wii.  They have nothing on these crackers.

And because you're some of my closest friends, and because I'm in a sharing mood, here it is.  Enjoy!

Spicy CRACKer Recipe

1 box saltines (I think multi-grain work best)

1 cup vegetable oil

1 package ranch dressing mix

1 tbsp dill weed

1 tbsp red pepper flakes

1 tsp garlic powder

Open the whole box of crackers and dump them in a 2 gallon zip loc bag (a 1 gallon will be too small at this point) or a very large bowl.  Mix oil and remaining ingredients together and pour over crackers, gently tossing to coat.  (note...once all crackers are coated you can fit them all in a 1 gallon bag).  Continue gently tossing bag or stirring crackers if using a container for about 24 hours.  OR...if you can't wait that long....spread crackers on cookie sheets and bake in oven at lowest temperature for about an hour, stirring a couple of times.

You will look like this while you're eating them ~



And like this when they're all gone ~

No comments: