Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

She's Two!





Catherine turned two yesterday. We get pretty excited about birthdays around here, so we all gathered together to go into her room to wake her up with a big round of "Happy Birthday" and lots of hugs and kisses. We opened her door and started singing to her. She sat up in the bed, took one look at us, laid back down and pulled the covers over her head. That's our Catherine.

As it works out, our anniversary falls the day after Catherine's birthday. As luck would have it, the Georgia grandparents offered to come keep the kids for the weekend so we could get away. I've had my suitcase packed since I got that call. As much as I can't wait to pull away in a few hours though, I know that we'll be calling home this afternoon just to hear their voices, and when I get back on Sunday it will feel like I've been gone for years. But I sure will enjoy two nights of uninterrupted sleep and getting to use the bathroom. Alone.

Oh...and if you drive by my house this weekend and see it crumbling down, it's because there are 4 children under the age of 4 inside. With only 2 adults. My 2 1/2 year old nephew is here too. Dad said he wanted all of his grandchildren under one roof. "What's one more?" he asked. When that roof falls on his head he'll know!

No comments: