Pages

Monday, July 07, 2008

Just Another Morning

So the kids have been eating breakfast for the past hour or so. Or maybe I should say looking at their breakfast. And doing other strange things with it.

Instead of napkins my kids use wet washcloths at mealtime. I guess it goes back to when they were infants and I always had a washcloth on hand at meal time because I hate...I repeat hate...mess. One of the most disgusting stages of childhood to me is when they are eating baby food and with every bite you put their mouth they spit out half of it so the mush covers their mouth, their hands when they touch their mouth, and then their hair when they run their slimy little hands over their head. It makes my skin crawl. I can handle poopy diapers. But rice cereal facials gross me out. Go figure. Anyway, I digress. I said all of that to explain why the almost 5 and almost 3 year olds are still using wash cloths as napkins. They know of nothing else. I'll try to teach them otherwise before they go out to eat at a nice restaurant before prom. We still have a little time.

So a while ago I saw Catherine's wash cloth crumpled up in the floor and I reached down to pick it up and about 15 blueberries rolled out of it all over the floor. What in the world? I said, "CATHERINE! Why are all of your blueberries wadded up in your rag?"

She looked at me like I was the crazy one. "I put them to sleep," she explained.

Sometimes you shouldn't even try to figure things out.

1 comment:

ArtcTrish said...

Toddler cookies.....goo from toddler cookies was my "skin crawl" thing. Yuck.
Hope you had a happy 4th!