Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

School is For the Birds



We have joined a homeschool group here since (a) we don't know anyone and (b) we don't know anything about this homeschooling thing.

They invited us to come to their Bird Co-op at the state park. Even though I had no idea what a bird co-op was or how to get the state park, I enthusiastically accepted the invitation.

Oh my gosh I'm so glad we went.

What fun.

We learned about eggs and the different part of the egg. AND....that no matter how hard you try, you can NOT break an egg. (even though I usually don't have much trouble somewhere between the Wal-mart parking lot and my driveway). Even if you squeeze it really hard. It won't break...as long as you apply equal pressure and don't stick your thumb into it.



Go ahead. Try. You know you want to.

Then we made bird feeders with pine cones, peanut butter and birdseed. I hope the birds enjoy eating it as much as Stuart did.



Then we got to pet some birds.  There were blue birds.



Pink birds.



And an unfortunate orange bird that nearly got squeezed to death by the Stuart.



There were games.  (Egg race.  Get it?)



And more birds.



The best part though?   Just being together.

I think we're going to like our new school.

No comments: