Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Leftovers....Whatcha Gonna Do?

We grilled a pork tenderloin the other day and had about half of it left over.  I usually don't like leftovers but I feel so guilty about throwing anything away.  So we threw together this salad and it was real good, y'all.

Real good...ya hear me?

I dug out some spinach leaves, a cucumber, some tomatoes, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, and blue cheese.  Then I sliced the tenderloin real thin like and laid it on top.  Whisked together some balsamic vinegar, EVOO, minced garlic and a splash of agave nectar for the dressing.  A little salt and pepper and voila.



Oh...

And don't forget the wine.  Two Buck Chuck Cabernet here....a perfect pairing for leftovers.  Frugal yet delightful.

Like me.  (my husband is laughing about the frugal part).

No comments: