Pages

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mrs. Mama

Just before we moved to Georgia, I sat my older two children down to tell them that we would be homeschooling when we moved.  It went something like this:

Me:  Hey guys....What would you think about going to school at home when we move to Georgia?

Them:  Yea!!!!  (jumping up an down, hooping, hollering, etc.)

William:  That's awesome!  But....who would my teacher be?

Me:  Well....I will be your teacher.  What do you think about that?

{Deep thinking} 

{More thinking}

Then....

William:  (obviously very worried) ... Well, Mama....I mean....Do you know anything?

Me:  (obviously somewhat offended) ... Yeah, well, maybe one or two things.  I might be able to teach you something you don't know.  At least I'll try.

Catherine:  (speaking for the first time)   Will we call you Mrs. Mama?

1 comment:

Liberty said...

So how's it going? this could be a weekly post item - since you're going thru so much transition. I know it got to be overwheming...