Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

F-R-E-E-D-O-M

Today was the first day of preschool.  William is in K-4, Catherine is in K-3, and Stuart is in K-razy.  Stuart is only going two mornings a week.  I had to register everyone way back after the first of the year and, at the time, I thought I might be working some this fall.  But alas I'm not.  At least not working and getting paid.  So I felt really bad about sending them all to school.  Especially Stuart.  But he has done a great job making me feel better about it.  Especially when he does stuff like this:

And hides in all the kitchen cabinets.

P1070310

And messes up every television in the house and then hides the remotes.

P1070324

And eats my plant.

P1070316

Not to mention eating the dog's food and hiding in her crate, but I won't get into all that again.

SO....today was a good day as they headed off to school.  I tried to get a picture of my three.  This is the best I could do.

"Hey Stuart...get your backpack and go stand by William and Catherine."

P1070325

"No?  Mmkay.   I'll just get a picture of them while you pitch a fit."

P1070333

"William, Catherine, take his hand and see if you can get him to stand next to you."

P1070334

"No?  Mmmkay.  We'll just do whatever Stuart wants to do.  That's ok.  Really.  I don't need a picture of all three of you together.  That's what Photoshop is for."

P1070335

I heard strains of the Hallelujah chorus as I peeled drove out of the parking lot after walking them all inside to their classrooms.  Yes indeed. It was a good day.

3 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

laughing, laughing, still laughing.

i can't even get pictures with two...can't imagine three.

i hope you get at little "me" time in...

boy...y'all's schools start early there.

MDO doesn't start here until Sept...I'm hoping I can make it until then!

Mary Anna said...

Go crazy mom! You've earned it!

Kami said...

That video was hilarious!!

Hope the first day went well. :)