Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time....of the Day



Ahhh....Catherine's naptime. Some days it just can't come soon enough. Today was one of those days. She woke up at 7 am and I started watching the clock at 7:03 to see how much longer I had to hang on until I could put her down.
First she took off all her clothes. Every stitch, diaper included. Ran around naked for what seemed like hours. I finally got one of William's t-shirts on her. Then she got ahold of a sharpie marker (took lessons from her friend Isaac) and drew half a mustache on her upper lip. Drew a few marks on her hand too and wanted a bandaid to cover them. She threw fits. She flopped around in the kitchen floor most dramatically, kicking and screaming. I mostly ignored her....except at one point I looked over at William and very seriously said "W.....what in the world am I going to do with your sister?"
He shrugged his shoulders. "Mmmm....I don't know.....watch TV with her?"
Sure. Just what I want to curl up with next to on the sofa.
Actually I didn't have to wait too long for naptime because during one of her fits, shortly before noon, she announced "Imanna go to bed!"
You got it sister. You got it.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

I remember being about 4 years old and going to McDonalds for lunch with mom. I got a Happy Meal and at the time, the prize was a crayola marker. Mine was blue.

When we got home, mom put me down for a nap and I didn't want to sleep. So, I proceeded to color my tongue with that blue marker and then pranced into the living room to show mom. I thought it was hilarious until I saw the look on mom's face---while she panicked and dialed poison control to make sure I'd survive...