Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Biggest Loser

I started back to the gym this week. So this is going to be short because my arms hurt so badly that I'm typing this with a pencil between my teeth. I can barely move. I'm pathetic. My eyelashes are sore. But today was my third day in a row. I'm on a roll. Woo-hoo!

Andy realized the other day upon looking closely at his paycheck that he's been paying every month for me to go to the wellness center at the hospital where he works. He came home and said "HEY! Did you know we're paying every month for you to go work out?" And I said "HEY! Did you know I have three kids?" Newsflash for both of us apparently. Because unless that gym is open at 3 am, there isn't another spare moment in my day that I'm without at least one little person. So because he hates to waste money, he came up with a plan to come home every day for lunch so I can go work out. So far it's working.

I went to spin class today and while I was waiting on the class already in session to get out, I stuck my head in the door to see what hard core workout was going on. What I saw was a small little circle of about five 80+ year olds tossing bright colored rubber balls to each other.

Then I did my spin class. After I fell off my bike 45 minutes later and crawled out of the room on my elbows I picked out my ball for tomorrow's class. I hope they will let me join them.

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

I just caught myself laughing out loud at work. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on that bike! Hilarious!