Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Survivor ~ Disney

Whew!

We're back.  We survived!  Not necessarily un-scarred (emotionally speaking).  But we survived!

Still trying to come up for air from all the laundry and unpacked suitcases...and will have more stories and pictures forthcoming....but wanted to share my favorites so far.

We convinced the three-year-old to ride a roller coaster.  It was a mini coaster...but a roller coaster nonetheless.    Actually I convinced him.   His mother.  The one he trusts (or trusted, rather) more than anyone else.

It will be fun!  I'll be right there with you.  We'll ride together.  You'll love it!  I promise.

So we stood in line.  And he counted my teeth.



We....well, he, actually....thought it was a fun game.  I thought it was kinda gross considering his little hands had just touched every ride in Fantasyland and he was probably depositing some influenza germs in my mouth.  But. Whatever.  He was happy.  And sometimes that's all that matters.



We settled into our little car on Goofy's mini coaster ride.  He still wasn't sure he would like it.   He asked if it was scary.  Nah, I said.  Nothing scary at all about this little old ride.



This is the before picture.



This is the "after" picture.   After he caused what could be a permanent hearing loss in me and the unfortunate passengers on our ride.



From the moment the coaster started moving he buried his head under my arm and screamed like  he'd just encountered Freddie Krueger in a dark forest with the hockey mask and an ice pick.

He didn't speak to me for the next two hours.



Good times.

Making memories, y'all.  It's what it's all about.....

No comments: