Pages

Friday, January 06, 2012

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?


So I decided to try to resurrect this blog. Not that I have any readers left (or at all). And not because I have anything extraordinary to talk about. But mainly because I am a terrible, awful memory keeper (aka scrapbooker - the word alone makes me gag) and this blog is going to be the only record my children have of their lives one day. I have a closet full of scrapbook supplies and I've tried. Oh I've tried. And I LOVE buying scrapbook paper. I have a pile of it. But all it does is stay stacked in its pretty plastic box. I've had great intentions but it's kind of like those jeans still hanging in my closet, circa 2002.... time to give up the dream.

When I started this blog, William was barely out of diapers, Catherine was not even a year old and Stuart was just a star in the sky. Now William and Catherine head off to school every morning on the bus and Stuart spends two days a week home with me and the other three mornings at "school" (when I can pry him off of me). I fear we will have a scene every morning next year when he starts kindergarten. I fear it will be him (or the authorities) prying me off of HIS legs.

Where has the time gone?

It's so very, sadly, painfully true....the days are long but the years are so very short.

It's also sadly, painfully true that, even though these years are flying by, at any given time in my house I am still called upon to wipe someone's bottom.

Seriously.

It's time to close that chapter, people.

The end.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm still reading! :) Girl, I gave up on paper scrapbooking a LONG time ago and sold all my supplies! I like to make photo books now. Check out www.mixbook.com and see how you like it!

Liberty said...

Welcome back!!! Yahoo!!! I dd a whole month of very short days but scrapbook(blog) worthy today...
I get it, it reall is the only record- other than a whole box of old school developed
Pics I am never find the courage to wade through...
Blessings!